Senior STT Deep Learning Engineer
The future is already here, it’s just not evenly distributed… join us and let’s change that. Let’s make Voice AI available to everyone and in every language!
Do you find working with deep learning research and deep learning productization equally interesting? Do you like working on open-source projects? Do you take satisfaction in implementing state of the art technology without compromising on performance, maintainability, and good API design?
If so, you should join Coqui as part of our Speech-to-Text team. At Coqui we’re looking to redefine how humans interact with computers through that most natural of interfaces, speech, and we require the skills of a Senior Deep Learning Engineer to take our Coqui STT project to the next level. Interested?
- Build the next generation of our open-source Coqui STT engine
- Stay up-to-date on the latest STT research and help lead the industry by creating the best foundation for STT research and product development
- Collaborate with Coqui’s MLOps experts to integrate Coqui STT into our pipelines
- Work with a diverse community of users and customers to make Coqui STT excel in every use case
- 3+ years of relevant experience, i.e. deep learning research or deep learning productization
- 2+ years of experience working with systems programming languages (e.g. C, C++, Rust)
- Deep understanding of at least one ML toolkit (e.g. PyTorch, TensorFlow)
- Good understanding of typical ML product pipelines from data to training to deployment and usage
- Experience owning a project from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with strong organizational skills
- Strong technical communication skills
- Experience working with speech-to-text systems
- Experience designing and understanding complex projects spanning multiple repositories and programming languages
- Experience working remotely and across time zones with a distributed team
- Experience with open source projects
- Experience in a startup environment
Coqui was founded by the creators of Mozilla’s text-to-speech and speech-to-text engines (over 500K downloads and 22K GitHub stars), has the backing of fantastic investors from around the globe (London, San Francisco, and Berlin), has a friendly & diverse developer community, and we’re just getting started.
At Coqui we are redefining how humans interact with computers through that most natural of interfaces, speech.
Also we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. So our core speech-to-text and text-to-speech engines are open to all, providing an evermore critical technology, speech, to the world. So when you join Coqui you have the opportunity to make a dent in the universe, bringing voice to the world.
Coqui is privately held, founded in 2021, and is headquartered in Berlin. We are a remote-friendly company with lots of experience working with distributed teams.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Send your CV in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org